Turn to the highest French peaks, a mountainous region with an atypical setting: from the bottom to the summit of Mont Blanc, you would be charmed by all the landscapes of the French Alps, especially in winter. Ideal for group holidays or family holidays, the Alps are wonderful dream destinations.
In addition to its magnificent environment, activities abound. Skiing is not only the main activity in the Alps. Feel free to spend your holidays in this place where boredom is never in the program.
The destinations in the French Alps
Enjoy the benefits of high altitude and discover incomparable landscapes, various ski resorts, and the most beautiful places in the French Alps. During your holidays in the Alps, the destinations to visit are:
- The large massif Samoens Morillon: having an altitude of 1600 m and an authentic and contemporary setting. Equipped with ancient architecture, this Club Med resort also offers a cozy atmosphere. Skiing galore and services full, this brand-new resort is amazing.
- Enjoy La Plagne: in a warm atmosphere, opt for a holiday in the heart of the Alps and 2000 m altitude. It has a ski resort for all and a decor out of the ordinary.
- Extreme bows: located at the foot of the slopes, this place is only dedicated for adults. With friends or grown-ups in the family, enjoy a sporting and festive holiday.
- Avoriaz: all-inclusive services and an altitude of 1800 m, be quiet by extending in this Franco-Swiss area offering many activities that raise the adrenaline and delicate tunes.
- Alpe d'Huez la Sarenne: the only place where the sun is present, it is located at an old beach at about 1800 m high. The slide always in the first row, you have everything available.
- Plagne 2100: a domain of Paradiski, it is endowed with a modern architecture and a unique geographical location. Located at the foot of the slopes, the departure ski or snow at the foot is at the top.
- Valmorel: one of the most popular destinations, this resort is located at an altitude of 1460m and offers all holidaymakers the opportunity to fully enjoy the whole snow trip.
Exceptional stays in the Meringue Mountains
Skiing is the main activity of all existing places in the French Alps; however, you can go hiking or tour biking as well as climbing. As Les Arcs Panorama, Val d'Isère offers a holiday with various sports activities, all quite relaxing.
When the weather does not allow outings, the whole family can swim in heated pools or play board games such as cards, dominoes. There are also places for free activities for children and for evening entertainment for parents.
The equipment to take away during your stay in the French Alps
In this place where the temperature is the lowest, we must not forget the necessary equipment for safety and for well-being. The following list contains useful materials on a daily basis and in case problems occur:
- A frontal
- Special shoes for the snow
- A bag thermos - Hot socks and anti-friction
- A sledge to have fun together
There is still a long list regarding this; however, if you want more information, visit Opodo. With Opodo, you will find the cheapest deals during the winter seasons with all-inclusive services in the French Alps.
You share your passion for the mountains on a blog? Become an Opodo partner and monetize your site.